Monday, October 15, 2012

Hey, where is my food I ordered?

Charley has been so demanding and whining a lot lately.  It is really getting to us.  He might win and take us both down at this rate.  Maybe that is his goalSo much darn whining.  Every night we tell him he has to do a certain amount of homework and then he can go do something fun like a game with mom or dad or something else he wants to do.  Cue the whining forever, so he gets one page out of 500 done and thinks that is good enough and he should be all done. "Now let's plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Moooooomieeeeeee, let's play.  come on come on lets play.  Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaseee!!  So then it is back to explaining that while it is great that you traced the letter A half assed on one worksheet, there are still 499 more waiting for us to do and omg, they are NEVER going away until we get them done.  This pre-K stuff is not kidding around anymore.  So ultimately no games were played with Charley tonight.  John and I did stay strong  and survived.  John might have cheated tonight though.  I'm not sure that he didn't have ear plugs in for part of that.  Hmmm  Then after all that Charley mentioned he wanted some toast before bed.  I was kind of getting things ready and he walks up and goes " hey where is my food I ordered?"   Eeeesh kid.   Who are we raising here?  Monsters I tell you Monsters!!! They are supposed to be in bed asleep right but they saw me coming up to my room with ice cream.  The chorus began of I want a cookie I want a cookie and so on.  So grabbed to cookies and threw one each to each of their locations.  Heard some chewing but no whining anymore. whoosh.  Maybe have a break until tomorrow morning.  UNTIL the homework is mentioned again.  Oh no, help us.

He looks sweet here, but don't let him fool you.  He will take you down no problem with is whining.

This one didn't want anything to do with that dumb old homework either. The Mo Willems website was way cooler.  He did however write out all of his words with me once. Yah, score one for me.   


I want to order some food around here and have it delivered on a plate for me.  I want to whine about stuff I don't want to do.  Oh wait, I guess that is what I am doing here.  Hmmm yay  I don't like to have homework everynight with a 5 and 7 year old.  They are too stubborn and now I am whining.  Waaahhh
  

I did have a mini IEP meeting this morning with Jacks team at school.  It went really well and I am glad they made time in their schedules to discuss my worries right now.  I left the meeting feeling great and that my son is loved by them and they also want the very best for him.  A couple of the therapists worked with him way back at the ECC so they have seen all of the growths and gains he has made.   They told me that they are really not worried that anything spectrum is going on with him.  Their feeling is that there is some attention componet going on and some anxiety for him also.  He tends to want to be a perfectionist and it stresses him out if he can't do something right the first time. New things or changes also cause him some anxiety. We still think there is a sensory thing going on but when you are anxious you do tend to soothe yourself any way you can and for him it is rocking on his legs and spinning something in his hands and sometimes hand flapping.  Those are things that can sometimes look like autism things.  And really it is just anxiety.  So we are doing a couple of tests this week to grade his anxiety and attention levels and then the social worker will also observe him for a day.  The tests get sent out to be scored and then we should have recommendations soon.  I just feel so good that I think we are in the right hands.  All of these women that I sat with around the table told awesome stories about my son and showed me where they have seen improvement and how much they all get a kick out of him.  It is obvious that they are on team Jack and we all want him to do the best that he can. I prayed for another awesome teacher this year and I got it tenfold with all of these other ladies. OT, Speech, physical therapy, and the social worker.  The social worker even has a 7 year old son with CP (and he also has major anxiety) so she can completely relate.  Also one of the other therapists has a child with anxiety and is going to help me navigate all of that if the tests come back with what we believe they will. 

 So maybe I am like Charley.  I didn't order any food, but this team of Jack's is exactly what I prayed for.  So maybe they are my order for Jack.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment