Saturday, November 3, 2012

ADHD?




 This is the first test Jack took along with the rest of his class. Note~ It doesn't even look like he tried here.  Then his teacher pulled him into a private room and let him retake it.



The first two on this test he was facing out the window so she then turned him so he had nothing to look at or distract him.  Look how much better he did here.  I don't know what this is going to mean for the future.  We are still waiting on the school psychologist's evaluation and the Connor's scores but it definitely looks like what we all suspect.  I just don't know how I feel about medication.  I think that would be my last resort but I just hate to see how he struggles with stuff.  I also got more math workbooks for him because that is another area that he is struggling with.  It is so hard to get him to work on it with me at home though.  That kid is stubborn and when he doesn't want to do something he can make a lot of noise. 


On another note~ We have way TOO much candy here.  I only made it to the Y once last week and there is this big old bowl of Halloween candy calling out my name.  We didn't have very many trick-or-treaters here this year.  We only made it one block ourselves.  It was so cold here this year!  I know we have been spoiled the last few years but oh man do I want to move somewhere warmer.  This girl is not made for cold weather and apparently neither are my kids. I can't believe they were done after only one block.


And on another note~ John's dad is here from Texas and we are having a nice visit but I have way TOO many boys using my bathroom!   I dream of the day when I have my own on suite bathroom.  Gah, must sell this house and move.  And move somewhere warm.



 And on a final unrelated note ~ No, sadly that is not me in a bathing suit sitting somewhere warm.... but I love here hair.  So, I just wanted to share that :)


Ummm, and maybe ADHD is inherited because I definitely seem to have it. Especially judging from this post.


2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with meds if that's right for him!
    I have 1 on meds and he's doing so much better in school and home relationships! I have another on a homeopathic med for adhd and it's working well.. Not as well at the dr.'s meds but well enough that maybe this child wont need them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we finally have an appointment tomorrow to go over all the testing they have done and then see what they recommend. They have changed a few of the things they are doing with him in the class room as well and I have seen a good change in anxiety level. We will do whatever it best for sure.

    ReplyDelete